Malaysian Foxtail grass - A potential source of natural/agro fibre for polymer composite panel
Che Mohd Ruzaidi, Ghazali, Prof. Madya
Mohd Mustafa Al Bakri, Abdullah
Kamarudin, Hussin, Brig. Jen. Dato' Prof. Dr.
Norazian, Mohamed Noor
Rafiza, Abdul Razak
MetadataShow full item record
Foxtail grass, also known as 'rumput bulu' by the local people, is one of the fast growing grasses abundantly available all over Malaysia. A full grown Foxtail grass attains a height of about 0.5 - 1.5 meters. The fibres were prepared by mechanical grinding procedure and the fibre size and length produced can be controlled through the grinding time of this grass material. The weight loss of the different grinding time was calculated. The polymer composites panel were then made from the mixing the polystyrene with various size of fibre produced. Flexural test exhibited good and comparable strength properties. The results show that this grass fibre may be considered as one of the potential sources of natural/ agro fibres for polymer composites panel.
- Zarina Yahya, Dr 
- Rafiza Abd Razak, Dr. 
- Mohd Mustafa Al Bakri Abdullah, Assoc. Prof. Dr. 
- Center of Excellent Geopolymer & Green Technology (CEGeoTech) (Articles) 
- School of Materials Engineering (Articles) 
- School of Environmental Engineering (Articles) 
- Che Mohd Ruzaidi Ghazali, Assoc. Prof. 
- Kamarudin Hussin, Brig. Jen. Datuk Prof. Dr. 
- Norazian, Mohamed Noor, Ts. Dr.