Compressive strength of fly ash based geopolymer / glass fiber composite via filament winding
Che Mohd Ruzaidi, Ghazali, Prof. Madya
Mohd Mustafa Al Bakri, Abdullah
Kamarudin, Hussin, Brig. Jen. Dato' Prof. Dr.
Anis Nadhirah, Ismail
MetadataShow full item record
In general, filament winding technique is used to fabricate the composite pipes using continuous fiber and matrix resin. In this study, fly ash based geopolymer resin composites reinforced by continuous glass fiber were used for fabrication and synthesized by different curing and sintering temperature, different pattern and different viscosity of geopolymer. The effects of that parameter on the product were investigated. The compressive properties of the resulting composite were determined on an Instron Universal Testing under compression mode and the results show that the helical pattern with low viscosity cured at 75°C give the highest strength.
- Alida Abdullah, Ts. Dr. 
- Mohd Mustafa Al Bakri Abdullah, Prof. Dr. 
- Che Mohd Ruzaidi Ghazali, Assoc. Prof. 
- Center of Excellence for Geopolymer and Green Technology (CEGEOGTECH) (Articles) 
- Kamarudin Hussin, Brig. Jen. Datuk Prof. Dr. 
- School of Materials Engineering (Articles)