Effects of trans-polyoctylene rubber in polypropylene/recycled acrylonitrile butadiene/rice husk powder composites
Sam, Sung Ting, Dr.
Azlinda, Abdul Ghani
Kamarudin, Hussin, Brig. Jen. Dato' Prof. Dr.
Hanafi, Ismail, Prof. Dr.
Mustaqqim, Abdul Rahim
Zuhayr, Md Ghazaly
MetadataShow full item record
Composites of polypropylene/Acylonitrile butadiene rubber/Rice husk powder/ (PP/NBRr/RHP) with and without trans-polyoctylene rubber (TOR) were prepared, and the effects of trans-polyoctylene rubber were investigated. By using rice husk powder of 150300μm, five different compositions of PP/NBRr/RHP composites (i.e.100/0, 80/20, 70/30, 60/40 and 40/60 phr) were prepared in an internal mixer at 180 °C and 50 rpm rotor speed. The results indicate that the incorporation of TOR improved the tensile properties of PP/NBRr/RHPcomposites. Scanning electron microscopy of the fractured surfaces proved that TOR promoted good adhesion between the PP-NBRr matrices and RHP.
- Ragunathan, Santiagoo, Assoc. Prof. Ts. Dr. 
- Zuhayr Md Ghazaly 
- Mustaqqim Abdul, Ir. Dr. 
- Azlinda Abdul Ghani 
- Sam Sung Ting, Assoc. Prof. Ts. Dr. 
- Center of Excellence for Geopolymer and Green Technology (CEGEOGTECH) (Articles) 
- Kamarudin Hussin, Brig. Jen. Datuk Prof. Dr. 
- School of Materials Engineering (Articles)