Tensile properties and FTIR analysis of HDPE/soya spent powder in oven aging
Sam, Sung Ting, Dr.
Norsri Kurniati, Achmad
Nik Noriman, Zulkepli, Dr.
MetadataShow full item record
This investigation involves pure HDPE and then HDPE with addition of soya spent powder with different weight percentagesbefore and after exposing in the oven aging. The characteristics of pure HDPE and HDPE/ soya spent powder blends were observed on the strength using tensile test and structural changes using fourier transform infrared (FTIR) analysis. The percentage of tensile strength and elongation at break increased inversely proportion with increasing soya spent powder content and number of day's heat exposure. While FTIR results, only HDPE/ 10% soya spent powder blends shows a significant changes between the functional group after exposed to the oven. The effect of SSP and heat energy shows that ratio 10% of SSP to HDPE shows a better indicator for degradation process.
- Sam Sung Ting, Assoc. Prof. Ts. Dr. 
- School of Bioprocess Engineering (Articles) 
- Nik Noriman Zulkepli, Assoc. Prof. Ts. Dr. 
- Center of Excellence for Geopolymer and Green Technology (CEGEOGTECH) (Articles) 
- School of Materials Engineering (Articles) 
- School of Environmental Engineering (Articles) 
- Ragunathan, Santiagoo, Assoc. Prof. Ts. Dr.