Thermal properties of linear-low density polyethylene (LLDPE)/soya spent powder blends with the addition of epoxidised natural rubber
Sam, Sung Ting, Dr.
Nik Noriman, Zulkepli, Dr.
Ong, Hui Lin, Dr.
MetadataShow full item record
Soya spent powder as an inexpensive and renewable source has been used as a filler for linear-low density polyethylene (LLDPE) in this study. Linear-low density polyethylene (LLDPE)/soya spent powder composites were prepared by using Haake internal mixer. The mixing time was 10 minutes at 150°C with rotor speed 50 rpm. Epoxidised natural rubber (ENR 50) has been used as a compatibilizer in the present study. The thermal properties of the LLDPE/soya spent powder composites with and without ENR were studied with a differential scanning calorimetry (DSC). The crystallinity of the LLDPE/soya spent powder composites decreased with increasing soya spent powder content. However, the addition of ENR 50 as a compatibilizer increased the crystallinity of the LLDPE/soya spent powder composites.
- Sam Sung Ting, Assoc. Prof. Ts. Dr. 
- School of Bioprocess Engineering (Articles) 
- School of Materials Engineering (Articles) 
- School of Environmental Engineering (Articles) 
- Nik Noriman Zulkepli, Assoc. Prof. Ts. Dr. 
- Ong Hui Lin, Assoc. Prof. Dr. 
- Ragunathan, Santiagoo, Assoc. Prof. Ts. Dr.