The tensile properties and morphology analysis of recycled mattress filled natural rubber compounds
Nik Noriman, Zulkepli, Dr.
Mohd Firdaus, Omar
Sam, Sung Ting, Dr.
N. P., Shamni
Lokman Hakim, Ibrahim
Mohd Mustafa Al Bakri, Abdullah
MetadataShow full item record
The tensile properties and morphology analysis of Recycled Mattress (rMat) filled Standard Malaysian Rubber (SMR L) and Epoxidized Natural Rubber (ENR 50) was successfully studied. The both compounds were prepared by two roll mill at five different compositions of rMat (5, 15, 25, 35 and 50 phr). Two different ranges of rMat particles i.e, (300-700 micron) fine, and (3-5 cm) coarse size were used. Results show that fine sizes of rMat filled both SMR L and ENR 50 recorded better tensile performance including tensile strength, rigidity at 100% of elongation and elongation at break, respectively. Ultimately, scanning electron microscopy (SEM) micrographs of tensile fracture surface was also obtained to further clarify the failure mechanism experienced by both compounds.
- Sam Sung Ting, Assoc. Prof. Ts. Dr. 
- Mohd Mustafa Al Bakri Abdullah, Prof. Dr. 
- School of Bioprocess Engineering (Articles) 
- Nik Noriman Zulkepli, Assoc. Prof. Ts. Dr. 
- Center of Excellence for Geopolymer and Green Technology (CEGEOGTECH) (Articles) 
- School of Materials Engineering (Articles)