Cure characteristics and hardness of recycled latex catheter (LCr) filled with Standard Malaysia Rubber (SMR L) compounds
Lokman Hakim, Ibrahim
Nik Noriman, Zulkepli, Dr.
Sam, Sung Ting, Dr.
Sharifah Shahnaz, Syed Abu Bakar, Dr
MetadataShow full item record
The effect of cure characteristics and hardness of LCr filled SMR L compound were investigated. The size of LCr were 20 - 25 mm in range. Six compounds; 0, 5, 15, 2 5, 35 and 5 0 per hundred rubber (phr) of LCr were prepared by using two roll mill at room temperature. Cure characteristics such as scorch time,t2, cure time,t90, minimum torque, ML, maximum torque, MH, and cure rate index (CRI), and hardness of LCr filled SMR L were examined using rheometer. Result indicated that, all results for t2, t90, ML and MH shows the decrease with increasing in filler loading. CRI shows the increasing value with increasing LCr loading. Hardness, Ha value increase slightly with increasing LCr loading.
- Sam Sung Ting, Assoc. Prof. Ts. Dr. 
- Ragunathan, Santiagoo, Assoc. Prof. Ts. Dr. 
- Nik Noriman Zulkepli, Assoc. Prof. Ts. Dr. 
- Sharifah Shahnaz Syed Bakar, Dr. 
- School of Materials Engineering (Articles) 
- School of Bioprocess Engineering (Articles) 
- School of Environmental Engineering (Articles)