Influence of barriers to organizational communication on employees’ work-life balance
Muhammad Bilal, Asshogiri
MetadataShow full item record
Work From Home (WFH) has been implemented for more than one and a half years in Jakarta, yet only 14% of employees in Jakarta were very satisfied with their quality of life. Work-life balance becomes an important topic to discuss since failure to achieve a work-life balance can result in low job satisfaction, low happiness, work-life conflict, and stress for employees. As WFH altered how to communicate with other employees by fully using digital based communication media, the implementation of WFH does not mean that WFH can be implemented easily and without any obstacles. The purpose of this research is to know how big barriers to organizational communication can influence employees’ work-life balance. This research was conducted using a quantitative research approach through surveys and was distributed to 233 employees in Jakarta who meet the criteria. Based on the result of this research, barriers to organizational communication influence 45.2% of employees' work-life balance, and the remaining 54.8% are influenced by other factors or relationships that are not listed in this research. The equation of the simple linear regression can be written as Y = 14.477 + 0.882X. The result of the F-test is 190.675 while the statistic of the F table with α = 5% is 3.88, the test can be written as 190.675 > 3.88, and the decision is rejecting the H0 and accepting the H1. Thus, it is to be stated that there is a significant influence from barriers to organizational communication on employees' work-life balance.